Things that are bullshit in Greek mythology-based fiction stories:
- TREATING ROMAN AND GREEK GODS AS THE SAME OR EQUIVALENT: fuuuuuck you there were many, many differences between the Greek and Roman Gods, your stupid little middle school class lied. Apollo and Apollon are nigh identical but basically everyone else is very different. Athena is not Minerva, Artemis is not Diana, Ares is not Mars. Haides doesn’t even HAVE a similar Roman deity.
- Pluto as a Roman deity: yo Pluto/Plouton wasn’t Roman Pluto was another GREEK name for the GREEK god Haides (who you call Hades) Pluto/Plouton is what you call him when you’re talking about him being the God of riches and treasure like how you sometimes call Apollo Phoebus.
- Apollo as the sun/driver of the sun chariot: That’s Helios, Helios and Apollo weren’t consistently syncretized into the same deity until long, long after ancient Greece. Don’t be historically inaccurate. Only assholes are historically inaccurate.
Note: also goes for Artemis as the moon. Selene is the moon.
- Kronos as monstrous lava monster demon thing: the Titans were always depicted as beautiful humanoid beings, just as the Gods were.
- Ares as villain/asshole/thug/misogynist/shitty parent: being in charge of an unpopular subject matter does not make a God the scum of the earth, or abusive, or neglectful. Ares was particularly notable for being a devoted father to his offspring and is one of the few Gods without a rape story. Longer explanation of this subject here.
- Aphrodite as slut: no, really, fuck you. Fuck you and everything you love. Fuck your horse, fuck your family, fuck your ancestors, fuck everything you’ve ever touched.
- Haides as the devil/the Underworld as Hell: the Greek afterlife was for most deceased mortals a relatively peaceful eternity, without fire and torment and misery. Haides was considered a God to be respected for his power and solemnity, but that does not equate to considering him evil or terrible.
- Hera as a jealous bitch: yo Hera was one of the most widely worshiped and beloved deities in the pantheon. Stop taking the Iliad as holy writ, Homer had a noted bias atypical to the traditional mythology.
- anyone but Bellerophon or Zeus using Pegasus/more than one Pegasus in your story/anyone but Theseus killing the Minotaur/anyone but Perseus killing Medusa/anyone but Hercules killing the Boar, Lion, Hydra, etc/Perseus as son of any god but Zeus: dude read a book some time y’all need to get your stories straight Greek heroes aren’t interchangeable also fuck that Percy Jackson son of Poseidon bullshit you are being a moron. Also, Pegasus, singular. One. Solo. Pegasus is an individual “person.” There are not “pegasi”. That’s like saying Zeuses. Or Athenas. Or Poseidons.
- The entire contents of the Clash of the Titans films: just stop. Please. Stop.
- other Gods being able to defeat Zeus: yo Zeus once demolished a rebellion by the other Gods and is known to be more powerful than the other Olympians combined.
- Stories set in modern times whose plots rely on pretending modern pagans don’t exist: don’t give me this “I HAVE TO CLIMB OLYMPUS TO CONTACT THE GODS” bullshit I have three fucking shrines in my bedroom alone
- Hekate with kids or as an old woman: virgin goddess, guys, virgin goddess.
- Prometheus as hating humans: listen asshole Prometheus was tortured for millenia for how much he cared about humans don’t be a dick to Prometheus do you hear me I will cut a bitch
- Hermes the meanie trickster bully: yo Hermes was called the Friend of Man just because he’s a trickster doesn’t make him malicious
- Athena with a ton of kids: VIRGIN. GODDESS. Oh and you want to trot out that “but they’re BRAIN children!” claim? When Athena was born from Zeus’ head, it’s because he ATE her mother. If you’re going to claim Athena’s children were brain babies I want to see your book mention her eating humans. Go on. I dare you.
- Artemis the man-hater: yo she’s the goddess of hunting who do you think did the most hunting OH RIGHT MEN
- Dionysus as some old fat alcoholic dude: dude this is a sculpture of Dionysus what is wrong with you people
- Bonus for the Egyptian pantheon: calling Egyptian gods by Greek names (Thoth instead of Djehuty, Anubis instead of Anpu, etc).
((if you reblog, PLEASE REBLOG AS TEXT, NOT AS LINK. Go to the gear symbol in the upper right when you reblog and click text. That will stop your pesky auto-truncate problem. Sorry, that just drives me nuts))
*chews on fingers nervously*
I have never hit reblog so fast in my LIFE.
I am male
I am female
I am neither male or female
I am under the age of 18
I am 18 or older
I am straight
I am gay or lesbian
I am bisexual or pansexual (or whatever)
I am trans
I have two or more friends
I have one friend
I have no friends
I have/had a best friend
I am close with my friend(s)
I spend a lot of time with friends
I have a crush on a friend
I hate a friend
I wish I had fewer friends
I wish I had more friends
I am single
I am in a relationship
I am engaged
I am married
I often date
I prefer to date extroverted people
I prefer to date people who are like me
I prefer to date people who are unlike me
I take relationships very seriously
I have high standards
I date people who are overweight
I date people who are skinny
I date people who are of average body weight
I have/had depression
I have cried myself to sleep
I have/had anxiety
I am often lonely
I keep a lot of emotions inside
I am scared of talking to people I want to talk more to
I have an eating disorder
I have low self-esteem
I often feel I embarrass myself
I have been abused
I feel people consider me dumb or don’t take me seriously
I am quickly jealous
I feel people want me to be someone/something I’m not
I have been sexually assaulted
I have experienced discrimination/racism
I have become a better person
I have gotten out of a bad period of time
I am confident
I am looking forward to something
I have enjoyed myself over the past week
I have met a famous person (i guess?)
I consider myself a kindhearted person
I am currently feeling relaxed and comfortable
I appreciate the little things in life
I have nobody in my life whom I hate
I have achieved something large this year
I am part of a religion that brings me peace
I have lost a lot of weight
I have a movie/game/song which cheers me up
…get scared from watching horror movies
…play a sport
…read a lot of books
…am a feminist
…believe in love at first sight
…own an instrument
…am listening to music right now
…value romance and friendship equally
…have sneaked out of the house
…respect people’s comfort zones and personal space
…spend money on a daily basis
…want to write a book
…can ride a horse
…put my hands over my face when I’m flattered
…like the colors pink and yellow
…own an xbox
…shop at least once a week
…have a drivers license
…drink alcoholic beverages
…get scared by unsettling imagery and screamers
…eat fast food at least twice a week
Likes and Dislikes
I like parties
I dislike parties
I like perfume
I dislike perfume
I like “so bad it’s good” movies
I dislike “so bad it’s good movies”
I like playing video games
I dislike playing video games
I like chocolate
I dislike chocolate
I like having a busy schedule
I dislike having a busy schedule
I like laughing at my own jokes
I dislike laughing at my own jokes
I like compliments
I dislike compliments (they make me uncomfortable)
I like heavy metal music
I dislike heavy metal music
I like snow
I dislike snow
I like taking walks with someone
I dislike taking walks with someone
I like people who aren’t very talkative
I dislike people who aren’t very talkative
Steve and Bucky’s Totally Awesome and Completely Serious Workout Mix
Turn Down for What DJ Snake ft. Lil Jon || Anaconda Nicki Minaj || Take It Off Ke$ha || Work Bitch Britney Spears || Single Ladies (Put a Ring on It) Beyonce || She Wolf (Falling to Pieces) David Guetta ft. Sia || Born This Way Lady Gaga || Love is a Battlefield Pat Benatar || All About That Bass Meghan Trainor || I’ll Make a Man Out of You Mulan OST || Cups (When I’m Gone) Anna Kendrick || She Wolf Shakira || Empire State of Mind Jay-Z ft. Alicia Keys || Titanium David Guetta ft. Sia || Raise Your Glass P!nk || Timber Pitbull ft. Ke$ha || Did It On ‘Em Nicki Minaj || Telephone Lady Gaga ft. Beyonce || Die Young Ke$ha || Locked Out of Heaven Bruno Mars || Countdown Beyonce || Party in the USA Miley Cyrus
*bursts into tears because Perf*
yanathetruthful said: #IFollowYouForYourTags (they give me life)
haha kidding thanks sugarbutt
(I lied I follow for your Hella Fine booty too)
1. Chocolate is only a temporary fix.
2. A properly-fitting bra is not a luxury. It is a necessity.
3. Your happiness is your happiness and yours alone.
4. How to apply red lipstick.
5. How to wear the crap out of red lipstick.
6. A boyfriend does not validate your existence.
7. Eat the extra slice of pizza.
8. Wear what makes you feel gracefully at ease.
9. Love the world unconditionally.
10. Seek beauty in all things.
11. Buy your friends dinner when you can.
12. Wear sunscreen like it’s your second job.
13. Try with all your might to keep in contact with far-away friends.
14. Make the world feel at ease around you.
15. Walk with your head up.
16. Order a cheeseburger on the first date if you want to.
17. Never, ever bite your nails.
18. Swipe on some lipstick, put on your leather jacket, and sneak into a bar somewhere.
19. Learn from your mistakes that night.
20. Dental hygiene is not multiple choice.
21. Your GPA is not a confession of your character.
22. There is strength in breaking down.
23. You don’t have to like yoga.
24. Pick a tea.
25. Take care of your feet.
26. Pick a perfume.
27. Even if you’re tall, wear the heels anyway.
28. Classy is a relative term.
29. Drink whiskey if you like whiskey.
30. Drink wine if you like wine.
31. Like what you like.
32. Offer no explanation.
33. Advil and Gatorade.
34. You are no less of a woman when you’re in sweats and gym shoes than a woman in stilettos and a pencil skirt.
35. A woman is a woman is a woman.
36. Love your fellow woman with all your heart and soul.
37. Cry, uninhibited, with your friends.
38. Laugh until you can’t breathe with your friends.
39. Tell me everything.
40. Exercise to be strong and healthy. A beautiful soul needs a sturdy vessel.
41. There is no shame in hoping for love.
42. My cooking is the best cooking.
43. Do not take sex lightly.
44. I mean it.
45. Anna Karenina. I’d like it if you read it.
46. The world spins on the principle of inherent tragedy.
47. Do not be blind to it.
48. Men are effectively idiots until the age of 26.
49. Carbohydrates are not the enemy.
50. Involve yourself in an organized activity of your choosing.
51. Listen to classical music occasionally.
52. Take hot baths.
53. Do not use bath salts.
54. You are more than capable.
55. I promise.
56. Don’t smile if you don’t mean it.
57. Mean your anger. Mean your sadness. Mean your pain.
58. I am always, always listening.
60. Get stuck in a foreign country with $4.67 in your account.
61. Make me furious.
62. Make me worry.
63. Come home smelly, tired, and with a good story.
64. Your story isn’t really yours.
65. You are a compilation of others’ stories.
66. Well-fitting and modest is ALWAYS sexier than too small and tight.
67. Who cares if glitter isn’t tasteful?
68. It’s too much eyeliner if you have to ask.
69. Learn to bake for when you’re sad and I’m not there.
70. Humility and subservience are not synonyms.
71. Wash your face twice per day.
72. Be gentle with your skin.
73. Science is really cool.
74. So is literature.
75. And history.
76. And math.
77. There is no substitute for fresh air.
78. Carry your weight.
79. Make up for it later if you can’t.
80. That salad is not better than pasta and it never will be.
81. You’re fooling no one.
82. Find at least three green vegetables you can tolerate.
83. A smoothie is not a meal.
84. Expect the best from everyone.
85. People will let you down.
86. Bask in the sun (wearing a sunhat and SPF 90).
87. There is a certain kind of man you need to avoid at all costs.
88. You’ll know it when you meet him.
89. What other people say is right doesn’t always feel right.
90. What feels right is where your happiness is.
91. Give thoughtful gifts.
92. Form an opinion.
93. Stick to it.
94. Exfoliation in moderation.
95. Argue with people when you need to.
96. If it’s worth fighting for, fight fiercely.
97. Don’t fight for acceptance.
98. You shouldn’t have to.
99. Take pictures, but not too many.
100. Follow your bliss at all costs. (I’m cutting you off at 22, though).
101. Chocolate ice cream, however, might just be a permanent fix.
WHERE IS THIS FROM ?
It’s from “la source des femmes”
THERE IS NOTHING IN THE QU’RAN THAT SAYS WOMEN’S SOLE PURPOSE IS FOR OBEYING AND PROCREATING.
We are allowed to inherit and own property and businesses, and we are allowed to CHOOSE our husbands instead of having them foisted upon us in arranged marriages. WE ARE ALSO ALLOWED TO PARTICIPATE IN COMBAT.
I’ve read the Qu’ran COVER TO COVER and there’s nothing God says about women being LESS than men. In fact, God IMPLORES men to treat women as equals. Probably because God knew men have a tendency to foul things up and has to remind them that WOMEN ARE ALSO PRECIOUS CREATIONS OF HIS DIVINE WILL.
-huffs and puffs-
Sorry. I was in my feelings. But this touches my nerves a lot when people misinterpret Islam as some misogynistic religion. Nothing could be further from the truth.
I have never read the Qr’an, that is why I am reposting this.
modern Morticia Addams
brb freaking over how great an idea this is
burned my hand curling my hair today
Majestic Hair Lady!!!
Conceal, Don’t Feel
Okay so if anyone ever tries to preach to me about Bucky being a villain or having any choice whatsoever in doing what he did then I’m just gonna punch them in the face with this gifset and tell them to reconsider their life choices.
This scene just gets sadder and sadder the older I get.
I have never identified with one scene than I have with this one.
i find my cosmic insignificance reassuring
the stars don’t fucking care who i am or what i do
i owe the universe nothing
i exist on my own terms
#when existentialism becomes comforting rather than horrifying
I need to paint this on my wall
I fucking hate it when you’re in such a fantastically giddy mood and then you see one simple little thing that makes you think, “oh” and then you just get this empty feeling in your chest and you get nauseous and the world just crumbles and you want to just lay under a blanket and close your eyes and fall asleep and never wake up.
my family is disturbingly good at evoking this feeling.
Page 1 of 188